Chap Chae Recipe
- 500g sweet potato vermicelli noodles (dang myun)
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions (white and green parts), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dried shitake mushrooms, soaked in water, drained, and sliced
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the noodles until al dente. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain again, and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, spring onions, garlic, mushrooms, carrots, and zucchini, and stir fry until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, noodles, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar. Turn the heat down to low and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Turn off heat, toss in the sesame seeds, and season to taste with salt.
- Serve hot.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More