Thinking for your snack today? Why not go cheesy? Cheese sticks!
Cheese sticks are Filipino appetizers made with cheese wrapped in spring roll wrapper and deep-fried until golden and crisp. This snack is different from the common Mozarella sticks in the US, which are elongated pieces of battered or breaded mozzarella. Cheese stick recipe is as easy as 1-2-3. Slice the cheese, stuff it in the lumpia wrapper, and fry it. Easy, right? Just make sure that the wrappers are tight as possible to prevent the cheese from leaking. Also, the oil should be so hot to make your sticks brown and crispy even before the cheese would melt. For the sauce, sweet and spicy sauce is commonly used, but you can make your own, depending on your preference. Cheese sticks can also be prepared in advance or be stored before use by ensuring that they are well-refrigerated.
- 1 pack cheese
- Lumpia wrapper
- 1 cup oil
- Water with flour (sealing)
- Cut the cheese into strip
- Cut into 4 the lumpia wrapper
- Wrapped the cheese and enclosed it with water and flour.
- Preheat the oil in the frying pan
- Put the wrapped cheese in the hot oil.
- Wait until it golden brown
- Let in cool and serve with ketchup.