- 1 k fresh whole chicken
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- 2 brown onions
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 thumb – size fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh calamansi juice
- ¾ liter chicken stock
- Chili leaves
- Clean and prepare the chicken, cut into small pieces. Season with salt and pepper and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Slice onions and tomatoes, cut the ginger into julienne strips and crush the garlic.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté the ginger and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in the soya, calamansi juice and chicken stock; bring to a boil. Boil rapidly for 2 minutes; add the chili leaves.
- Lower the heat, place a tightly fitting lid on the pan and simmer gently until chicken is tender. Remove chili leaves before serving.