Chicken Kaldereta Recipe
Chicken Kaldereta is another chicken dish which most of us Filipinos really love. The twist in this dish is that the chicken meat is used for the Kaldereta in place of the commonly used goat meat, beef and any other meats. This dish is also, somehow familiar to that of the afritada. Chicken Kaldereta is plainly just the chicken meat marinated and sautéed, then cooked with tomato sauce, bell pepper, potatoes and sweet pickle relish. To thicken the sauce you just have to use the liver spread or if you already have the prepared lechon sauce, that will do.
Since we Filipinos have that high tolerance to eat chili food, or we love eating chili food, you can make this dish spicy if you want. Just make sure that you balanced well the siling labuyo and the powdered pepper with the other ingredients to avoid the unwanted taste. All the ingredients in this dish are very much available on our supermarkets. So, you don’t have to worry about that. And for the cooking itself, you don’t have to be anxious if you are just a beginner because this dish is totally easy to make! Just take note of the time period in cooking and on measuring all the ingredients. Get on for an easy but delicious cooking! Enjoy!
Chicken Kaldereta Recipe
- 1 kg chicken (cut into serving size)
- 2 pcs carrots (diced)
- 1 pc potato (diced)
- 2 pcs red onion ( diced)
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 pcs red chili
- 2 pcs bellpepper (diced)
- 100 grams cheese
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 to 5 tbsp ketchup
- 1 pack tomato sauce
- 1 pack pineapple tidbits
- 5 tbsp ground peanuts
- 4 tbsp sweet relish pickles
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 cups of Water
- Saute the garlic in a pan with oil until golden brown.
- Add the onion and chicken. Stir well.
- Add the salt, sugar, pepper, pickles, soy sauce and chili. Stir and cover it for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover and add the ground peanuts, cheese, peanut butter, ketchup, carrots, potato, water and tomato sauce. Stir and cover it until the carrots and potato get soft.
- Keep stirring every minute to avoid getting burned from the bottom of the pan.
- Lastly add the bell pepper and pineapple chunks, stir slowly for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and serve while hot. Enjoy
I learned a lot from this page,thank you so much…
the ingredients are simple and the instructions are very easy to understand yet the time i tried it…. it was delicious…. just like the taste that i wanted….
Hi! I would just like to clarify instruction #2. What is the vinegar mixture? Is it the marinated mixture? It confuses me a bit coz instruction #1 says to drain the chicken fr the marinated mixture. Thanks
vinegar mixture: vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic. after marinating, fried the chicken parts and add them back to the vinegar mixture to boil with the rest of the ingredients.