- 200g chicken liver
- 150g bacon
- salt and pepper
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 cucumber, shredded
- 1 ripe mango, balls
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice wine
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons slurry
- For the teriyaki sauce, combine all ingredients in a sauce pan until thick. Set aside.
- Season liver with salt and pepper then wrap with bacon and secure with toothpick.
- Pan fry and set aside.
- Assemble the dish, place lettuce and cucumber on plate, top with bacon wrapped liver, add mangoes and drizzle with teriyaki. Serve.