Chicken Parmesan Meatballs Recipe
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 3 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, plus more to garnish
- ¼ cup & 1 Tablespoon Italian bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons pasta sauce
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- dash cayenne pepper
- pasta sauce, for dipping
- olive oil, for frying
- Cooking Directions
- Combine ground chicken, parmesan cheese, ¼ cup italian bread crumbs, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 3 Tablespoons pasta sauce, italian seasoning, and cayenne pepper. Mix with hand gently. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- In a medium skillet add about 1 inch of oil. Heat over medium high heat.
- To make meatballs use a tablespoon scoop and measure out a round tablespoon. Gently shape into a ball, careful not to over work mixture. It will be sticky and wet. Line on a plate or baking sheet. Sprinkle the last tablespoon of breadcrumbs on top of meatballs.
- When oil is hot, fry on all sides until golden brown, and chicken is cooked in the center. About 5-7 minutes total. Drain on wire rack over paper towels. OR Bake 375 degrees F for 15 – 20 mins or until cooked in the middle. Garnish with more parmesan cheese if desired.
- Dip in pasta sauce or serve over pasta.