Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ large onion, diced
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2-3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup heavy cream
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute onion, celery and carrots 5 minutes. Sprinkle over flour and stir to absorb and cook out raw flour flavor.
- Pour in chicken broth and seasonings and bring to boil. Then reduce to simmer and add in raw chicken tenders.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove chicken pieces to a clean plate and shred. Add chicken back into pot.
- Stir in frozen corn and peas and heavy cream. Reduce heat to low for another 5 minutes and then serve.
- Serve with biscuits.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More