- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 kilo chicken, skinned and quartered
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- Fine black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Cook onion over low heat until sot but not colored.
- Add garlic, carrots, and celery. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken portions, salt and pepper.
- Pour stock to cover chicken and vegetables. Add more stock or water, if necessary.
- Allow to boil, then lower heat and simmer until chicken tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Remove chicken bones and dice meat. Skim any fat from surface of soup.
- Put diced meat into soup, stir, and reheat.
- Transfer into bowls and serve hot.