Chinese Steamed Ribs With Black Bean Recipe
November 4, 2016
- 500g (around 1 pound) ribs, cut into one-bite pieces
- 1 thumb ginger
- small pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine or rice wine
- 1 tablespoon Chines fermented black bean
- 2 garlic cloves
- Starch water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 fresh Thai red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion and coriander
- Rinse the ribs several times and soak in clean water for around 30 minutes. Transfer out and drain completely.
- Add ginger slices, Chinese cooking wine, sugar, and salt. Marinate the ribs in the fridge for around 3-4 hours.
- Slightly press the black beans and finely chop the garlic. Mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 3 tablespoons of water to make starch water. Pour the starch water onto the ribs. Mix well with black beans and garlic.
- Set up the steamer and steam for 40 minutes to 1 hours (based on your preferred texture). For rice cooker or high pressure cooker, cook a rice procedure.
- Transfer the ribs out and garnish with green onion and coriander before serving.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More