- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes
- 1, 16 ounces, package confectioners sugar
- 4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons soft butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 package chocolate fudge frosting mix
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate coating.
- Drop mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Roll into balls. Chill 1/2 to 1 hour or until firm.
- If mixture is too soft to form balls, chill before shaping.
- Prepare chocolate coating: In top of double boiler, mix butter, corn syrup and water. Stir in frosting mix, dry, until smooth. Heat over rapidly boiling water 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using tongs or forks, dip balls in coating, turning to coat evenly. Keep coating over hot water while dipping balls.
- Remove balls from coating and place on waxed paper or wire rack. Chill until firm.
- If instant mashed potatoes are used, prepare as directed on package for 2 servings.