Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
- 180 g dark chocolate chopped
- 250 g butter chopped
- plain flour for dusting
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup plain flour sifted
- Double cream and cocoa powder to serve
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high (75%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, or until melted and combined. Cool completely.
- Grease eight 175ml-capacity ceramic ovenproof dishes. Sprinkle with flour. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar for 8 to 10 minutes or until thick and creamy. Fold in chocolate mixture, then flour. Spoon mixture into prepared dishes. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place dishes on a baking tray. Bake for 16 minutes or until just set (cakes will wobble when touched).
- Stand dishes for 1 minute. Turn onto plates. Top with cream. Dust with cocoa powder. Serve.