Chop suey is an American Chinese cuisine and other forms of overseas Chinese cuisine. It is consists of small pieces of meat, chicken or shrimp. Stir-fried with celery, onions, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, mushrooms and/or other vegetables, and served over rice. Meat brings out the flavor and complements well with the vegetables of chop suey. Aside from meat, others prefer to add liver and quail eggs especially with special occassions such as fiestas or Christmas seasons.
If there is no meat available, there’s no need to worry about because the absence of meat will not compromise with the original taste of the dish. Still, your chop suey will taste better than what you have been expecting for. just follow the steps below properly.
Just prepare the main ingredients of your chop suey like the vegetables, shrimp, meat, fish sauce, a little bit of salt and of course the corn starch. Eating chop suey, especially if there are lot of vegetables in it, will help you to be healthy. Chop suey is a healthy recipe because of the fresh vegetables and another thing is that it don’t need a lot of sauces and its preparation is made with a olive oil. What makes it more healthy is through adding soybean which is good for digestion. Also it has broccoli that is a vegetable that brings many nutrients and a fewer calories. It is rich in vitamin A and C. Moreover it has iron, vitamin B1, B2, B6, calcium, folic acid, potassium, iodine,copper, manganese and zinc. This vegetable helps fight constipation to good skin and mucous membranes.
In cooking this kind of dish will not consume a lot of time because it would only take thirty minutes to cook. Here are the procedures on how to cook the amazing chop suey
- 1/4 kilo pork sliced into small pieces
- 1/4 kilo shrimps shelled, deveined and halved
- 1/4 kilo chicken liver and gizzard sliced to small pieces
- 1/4 kilo cauliflower broken to bite size
- 1/4 kilo string beans
- 1/4 kilo snow peas sitsaro
- 1/4 kilo cabbage cut into squares
- 2 stalks of leeks cut into 2" long pieces
- 3 stalks celery cut into 2" long pieces
- 5 cloves garlic diced
- 2 onions diced
- 1 carrot sliced thinly
- 1 piece red bell pepper cut in strips
- 1 piece green bell pepper. cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
- 2 cups chicken stock broth
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of patis fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons of corn oil or vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- In a big pan or wok, sauté garlic, onions then add in the pork. chicken liver and gizzard. Add 1 cup of stock, pinch of salt and simmer for 15 minutes or until pork and chicken giblets are cooked.
- Mix in the shrimp then all the vegetables. Add the remaining 1 cup of stock, patis and the dissolved cornstarch. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are done. Add the sesame oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with rice.
gusto ko ang recipe mo,,,,