- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pcs. egg
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 500g pounds fillets Fish
- Place potatoes in a medium-size bowl of cold water. In a separate medium-size mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in the milk and egg; stir until the mixture is smooth. Let mixture stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oil in a large pot or electric skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry the potatoes in the hot oil until they are tender. Drain them on paper towels.
- Dredge the fish in the batter, one piece at a time, and place them in the hot oil. Fry until the fish is golden brown. If necessary, increase the heat to maintain the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) temperature. Drain well on paper towels.
- Fry the potatoes again for 1 to 2 minutes for added crispness.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More