- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- ½ cup margarine
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods, bruised
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 11/2 cups coconut cream
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup pistachios, toasted. Chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup raisins
- Melt margarine in large frying pan. Add onion.
- Stir over medium heat for about 4 minutes or until onion is solt.
- Add cumin seeds, cinnamon. Cardamom, cloves, and turmeric. Stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add rice. Stir over medium heat for another minute.
- Add coconut cream and water, then bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until all liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick.
- Add nuts and raisins, Stir pilaf with fork before serving.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More