Suddenly want a creamy carbonara? Discover how in this easy-to-prepare carbonara recipe.
Among Filipinos, carbonara is becoming common. This Italian pasta dish, which is based on eggs, cheese, bacon, and black pepper, came from Rome. The dish was created in the middle of the 20th century. In this recipe, fettuccine pasta is used, but other kinds, such as rigatoni, linguine or bucatini can also be used. However, spaghetti is usually used as pasta.
Generally, carbonara is prepared by combining the hot pasta with a mixture of raw eggs, cheese, and a fat (butter, olive oil, or cream) away from additional heat to avoid coagulating the egg, either in the pasta pot or in a serving dish. The eggs should create a creamy sauce and not curdle. Meat is also added, in which bacon is commonly used. The use of egg, which maybe whole egg, only the yolk, or a mixture, makes the difference among carbonara recipes.
Cream is not common in Italian recipes, but is used in this recipe here. Other variations may include peas, broccoli, mushrooms, or other vegetables. As the creamy carbonara title implies, this recipe is meant to be creamy. Hence, evaporated milk, all-purpose cream, and cheese, and cheese, and loads of cheese are used. Aside from bacon, ham is also added.
Ready for a creamy dish? Try this now!
- 500 grams Fettuccine Pasta
- 1 cup Cooking Cream
- 1 cup Fresh Milk
- 1 cup Slice Mushroom
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pc. Onion Diced
- 4 cloves of Diced Garlic
- 20 grams of Butter
- 1 pc. Egg Yolk
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 100 grams Diced Ham(Fried)
- 100 grams Diced Bacon(Crispy Fried)
- Chopped Parsley (optional)
- Water for pasta boiling.
- Put water in a pot with half tbsp of salt and 1 tbsp of oil. Bring to boil
- When it's boiling add the fettuccine pasta and mix well using tongs to avoid getting sticky.
- Cooked for 8 to 10 minutes until al dente. Cool down with running water or ice water.
- Add oil to cooked pasta and mix. Set aside
- For carbonara sauce.
- Heat the pan with oil and butter.
- Add the garlic and saute for 20 seconds then add the diced onion and saute for another 20 seconds.
- Add the sliced mushroom and stir.
- Add sliced ham and stir.
- Add chopped parsley and stir.
- Add fresh milk and cream then mix well.
- Add the egg yolk and stir.
- Add parmesan cheese. Put in low heat to avoid breaking the creamy texture of the sauce.
- Keep stirring until the sauce is thicker .
- Serve and enjoy your Fettuccine Carbonara.
- Best with Garlic Bread