Creamy Filipino Macaroni Soup Recipe
- 4 cups broth broth comes from boiling and cooking shreds of meat or bones
- ½ cup cabbage shredded
- ½ cup carrots chopped into tidbits
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil you may want to make sure that you use only the oils that are good for olive oil or virgin coconut oil
- 1 ½ cup elbow macaroni pasta uncooked
- fish sauce or patis in Filipino optional
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup milk evaporated
- 1 medium-sized onion minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 400 grams shreds of chicken cooked or leftover bones of chicken, beef, pork, or turkey
- 4 cups water
- Heat oil in a pot. Sauté garlic and onions. Add in cooked shredded chicken or leftover bones and cook even more until browned. Flavor the meat with fish sauce, pepper, and salt.
- Add in carrots and sauté.
- Pour broth into the sautéed meat and vegetables.
- Place macaroni and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add in cabbage and cook.
- Add in more broth for a thick soup or water for a thin soup. More salt and pepper can also be sprinkled to make the soup full of flavor.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Pour milk into the soup.