Want another fresh treat for a gathering? Maja blanca. Yes, that luscious, creamy dessert that is usually served during fiestas. This is also commonly found in market stalls for kakanin. Maja blanca is a Filipino dessert, which is also known as coconut pudding. Primarily made from coconut milk, this pudding shows the consistency of a thick gelatin with a delicate flavor. How does it look? It is creamy white in color. As you may have noticed in its name, maja blanca is of Spanish origin; it is adapted from the traditional holiday dessert manjar blanco, a milk-based delicacy. Hence, the white color. This creamy maja blanca con mais recipe is something you can surely do at home. Follow the instructions below and let us know how it goes. Do not forget to chill it before serving.
Creamy Maja Blanca con Mais Recipe
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup condensed milk traditional Maja Blanca do not have condensed milk but this makes it so much creamier
- 3/4 cup fresh milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar you can adjust this one according to your taste
- 15 oz whole sweet corn kernels
- toasted grated coconut for toppings
- Boil coconut milk in a saucepan.
- Add the condensed milk, sugar and the sweet corn kernels.
- Simmer under low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix fresh milk and cornstarch thoroughly making sure there are no lumps left.
- Pour the milk and cornstarch mixture into the saucepan and mix well.
- Stir consistently until thick.
- Transfer to a serving dish or ramekins to serve individually
- Garnish with toasted grated coconut if you want.
- Let it cool down then chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve cold and with a warm smile.
Recipe Source here