Crispy Chicken In Peking Sauce Recipe
- 1 whole approx. 1 kilo chicken
- 1 tsp Dark mushroom soy sauce
- 1 tsp Oyster sauce
- ½ tsp Japanese soy sauce
- ½ tsp Sesame oil
- 5 pcs Star Anise
- 50 grms Mirepoix
- 1 cup White sugar
- 50 grms Cornstarch
- 1 liter Water
- ½ tsp Salt
- 5 pcs Black pepper (whole)
- 1 pc Bay leaf
- .Have ready deep stock pot. Pour water, Kikkoman, dark mushroom soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, star anise, mirepoix, white sugar, salt, black pepper and bay leaf.
- Add the chicken, simmer for 1 hour, remove from stock pot, then hang and drain until the water completely drains out.
- Have ready fat heated oil then deep fry the chicken until crispy.
- Caramelize the sugar. The remaining peking stock may be added, then thicken with cornstarch.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More