Crispy Eggplant Recipe
- 2 pcs. large-sized eggplant
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 pcs. egg
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. paprika powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper powder
- Cooking oil for frying
- For the dipping optional:
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. natural yogurt
- Extra virgin olive oil a drizzle
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cut the eggplant into slices 1/2″ thick and then into 1″ width.
- Lay eggplant sticks on a layer of kitchen paper avoiding overlaps.
- Pour the salt all over and then cover them with another layer of kitchen paper.
- Place a weight on it for 30 minutes to squeeze out the excess of water.
- Remove the weight and the kitchen paper.
- Season the eggplant sticks with black pepper and paprika powder. Then pour cornstarch all over.
- Beat the eggs in a flat dish and pour the breadcrumbs on another plate.
- Coat the eggplant sticks with the beaten eggs and successively on the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large pan with cooking oil and fry the sticks until golden brown.
- For the dipping (optional):
- Mix the sour cream with the yogurt, salt and the black pepper powder.
- Top with coriander leaves and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.