- 500g prawns, shelled, tails intact
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the Batter:
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/4 cup water
- crushed Cornflakes
- cooking oil for frying
- Marinate shrimp with sugar, pepper, for at least 15 minutes.
- Prepare batter by mixing flour and baking powder.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in oil gradually. Gradually add water and mix to a smooth batter.
- Heat cooking oil for frying.
- Dip prepared prawns in batter and coat well with crushed Cornflakes.
- Deep-fry until golden brown.
- Serve with Chilli Sauce on the side.
Recipe Source here