- 1 cup glutinous rice (malagkit)
- 2 cups ordinary rice
- 3 cups ordinary rice
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsps.lye solution
- Yellow food coloring
- Grated coconut
- Combine the malagkit and ordinary rice. Soak in water for 2 hours.
- Drain the rice and add cold water, grind into a smooth paste.
- Add boiling water to the mixture to thicken it.
- Blend in the sugar and the lye solution.
- Divide the ground rice into 2 portions.
- Place one portions in a molder lined with cheese cloth and steam.
- Meanwhile, add yellow food color to the remaining portion. Pour this on top the steamed first portion to create a colored layer. Steam some more until the top portion is cooked.
- When cooked, serve with grated coconut.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More