Deep-Fried Crablets With Vinegar Dip Recipe
- 400g. crablets, cleaned
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tbsp paprika powder
- ½ tbsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups oil for frying, or as needed
- spring onions for garnish
- Vinegar Dip
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6 tbsp superfine sugar
- 2 tsp chili paste
- 2 pcs garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp cucumber, diced
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. In a separate bowl, stir cayenne, paprika, salt and pepper into the flour. Lightly salt the crab, then dip in the flour, dip in the egg, then in the flour again.
- Carefully place crabs into the deep-fryer. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown on one side. Carefully turn over, and cook until golden on the other side. Drain on paper towels. Garnish with spring onions and set aside.
- For the vinegar dip, combine the first four ingredients in a small pan over medium heat and heat gently until sugar is dissolved and chili paste is mixed.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- Stir in the garlic, spring onion, coriander, lime juice and the cucumber and serve immediately.