Burger steak is commonly known in the Philippines due to a known fastfood chain, Jollibee, thereby the name of this recipe. These burger patties are a favorite, especially to those who like gravy a lot. Serve with specific gravy and mushroom, this dish is best served with rice.
Jollibee’s burger steak became phenomenon that it is usually referred to as a basis when making this patty. Burger steak is similar to salisbury steak, except for the ingredients.Steak is a meat generally sliced perpendicular to the muscle fibers. Mimicking meat steak, burger steak is composed of minced meat that is usually round in shape. These patties are also your usual hamburger patties added with a lot of gravy.
Burger steak ala Jollibee is easy to make. So instead of spending some by going to the nearest branch, why not try the easy steps below? You will also have fun for sure. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp chopped onion
- ½ tsp pepper
- Mushroom Gravy:
- 2 tbsp oil (use the left over oil from fried patties.
- 2½ tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups water.
- 1 beef cube
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- ½ cup mushroom buttons, sliced
- a dash of ground pepper
- Combine ingredients in a bowl.
- Get at least ¼ cup of the mixture, roll into a ball then flatten using your palm.
- Pan fry the shaped mixture (do not overcook) and drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Heat cooking oil.
- Saute onion and mushroom.
- Add flour, whisk using a wire whisk until no more lumps.
- Add beef bouillon and ground pepper.
- Simmer until mixture thickens.
- Pour over the sauce over the fried patties.
- Serve with mashed potato and/or white steamed rice.