Fruits for dipping:
- Banana, sliced into bite-size pieces
- Apples, sliced into bite-size pieces
- Wafer sticks
- 1 ¼ cup bittersweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Combine chocolate and cream in a bowl.
- Place the bowl in a double boiler pot with simmering water.
- Heat the mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add more cream if the mixture gets too thick.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla extract and mix.
- Serve in a fondue pot.
- Use skewers, forks, colorful sticks for the fruits to be dipped.