Bangus sa Tausi
- 1 whole milkfish scaled, gutted and cut into serving parts
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup flour
- 1 small onion peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 thumb-size ginger julienned
- 2 to matoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup tausi fermented black beans, drained and rinsed
- Wash fish and pat dry. In a shallow dish, place flour and season with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge with flour until lightly coated.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat around 1 inch deep of oil. Add fish and cook, turning once or twice, until both sides are lightly browned. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat about 1 tablespoon oil. Add onions, garlic and ginger and cook until aromatic. Add tomatoes and cook, mashing regularly with back of spoon, until softened. Add fish sauce and continue to cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add water and allow to a gentle boil. Add black beans and continue to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced. . Gently add fried fish and cook for about 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through and coated with sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.