PAKSIW NA BANGUS
- 1 large milkfish
- 1 thumb-size ginger sliced into thirds and pounded
- 1 small onion peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 eggplant end trimmed and cut into 1-inch thick wedges
- 4 to 5 garlic peeled and pounded
- ½ cup vinegar
- 2 to 3 finger chili
- 1 cup water
- 8 to 10 peppercorns
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Clean and gut fish, leaving scales intact. Cut into serving parts.
- In a pot, combine fish, eggplant, onion, ginger, garlic, vinegar, water, peppercorns, finger chili and salt. Cover and let simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes or until fish is cooked and liquid is reduced. Drizzle oil on top and stir gently to combine. Serve hot.