- 1 and ⅓ cups cooked and flaked bangus Milk Fish
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 and ½ cups sotanghon noodles cut up and softened in water
- Patis to taste
- Pepper to taste
- lumpia wrappers
- For the sauce:
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 to 2 pieces siling Labuyo chopped
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- How to make lumpiang bangus:
- In a saucepan, put bangus and enough water to cover. Simmer till fish is cooked.
- Remove from pan and cool. Flake fish and pick out bones.
- In another pan, heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil. Saute garlic onions and tomatoes.
- When vegetables are soft, add bangus. Season with patis and pepper.
- Drain sotanghon and add to bangus. Cook till noodles are transparent. Add green onions.
- Cool the filling and wrap in lumpia wrappers. Fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- How to make the lumpia sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until syrupy.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients. Makes 8 portions.