- 1 large tilapia
- 2 pcs medium tomatoes diced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger chopped
- 1 tsp calamansi juice
- banana leaf and aluminum foil for wrapping
- Prepare the stuffing by mixing the tomatoes, onion, calamansi juice, ginger, siling labuyo, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set it aside.
- Remove the innards, gills and scales of the fish. Wash it thoroughly and rub some salt on the skin.
- Slit the side of the fish and stuff the cavity with the mixture. Be careful not to overstuff the fish.
- Wrap the fish with the banana leaf first, then the aluminum foil. Fold both ends securely.
- Grill for about 10 to 12 minutes on each side over charcoal.
- Unwrap and serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.