- 1 lb. tilapia cleaned and gutted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pc. medium-sized red onion finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger peeled and cut into strips
- 1 pc. small red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 pc. small green bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 pc. carrot peeled and cut into strips
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsps. soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- 3-4 tbsps. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in ½ cup water
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp. cumin powder
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup cooking oil
- Rub the tilapia with salt and pepper. In a frying pan, heat oil and deep fry the fish until both sides turn golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, remove excess oil and lightly sauté garlic, onion and ginger.
- Toss the carrots, red and green bell pepper, tomato sauce and soy sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the water, vinegar and brown sugar. Do not stir until it began to boil.
- Lightly whisk in the dissolved cornstarch. Simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt, pepper and cumin powder. Remove from heat.
- On a serving platter, put the cooked tilapia and douse over the thick sauce while steaming hot. Serve with hot steamed rice or fresh bread. Enjoy!