Adobong Tilapia Recipe
- 2-3 medium-sized tilapia slice into serving pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 thumb-sized ginger chopped
- 2 pieces bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2 pieces green chili
- sugar salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a pot, place half of garlic, onion and ginger.
- Then add tilapia and pour in water, soy sauce, vinegar and vegetable oil.
- Next, add in remaining garlic, onion, ginger, bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Let it boil using medium heat. Simmer over low heat and add green chili. Season with salt to taste if needed.
- Let it simmer until all the sauce is absorbed.
- Serve it hot and enjoy!
Sinigang na Tilapia
- 2 medium tilapia cleaned
- 1 root ginger sliced
- 1 to mato quartered
- bunch kamote leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp sinigang mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 jalapeno pepper
- Boil 4 cups of water.
- Add the ginger, sinigang mix and tomato.
- Bring to boil.
- Add the tilapia. Simmer until fish is cooked.
- Add the kamote leaves and jalapeno pepper. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.
PAKSIW NA TILAPIA
- 4 pieces medium-sized tilapia cleaned, scales removed and cut diagonally into half
- 1 small garlic pounded
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 thumb-sized ginger sliced and pounded
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 green chili siling haba
- 5 small okra heads removed
- In a pan, arrange tilapia, garlic, onion, ginger, salt and peppercorn.
- Pour water, vinegar and cooking oil then add vegetable and green chili.
- Cover and simmer in a medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and Serve.
- 1 lb. tilapia cleaned and gutted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pc. medium-sized red onion finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger peeled and cut into strips
- 1 pc. small red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 pc. small green bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 pc. carrot peeled and cut into strips
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsps. soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- 3-4 tbsps. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in ½ cup water
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp. cumin powder
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup cooking oil
- Rub the tilapia with salt and pepper. In a frying pan, heat oil and deep fry the fish until both sides turn golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, remove excess oil and lightly sauté garlic, onion and ginger.
- Toss the carrots, red and green bell pepper, tomato sauce and soy sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the water, vinegar and brown sugar. Do not stir until it began to boil.
- Lightly whisk in the dissolved cornstarch. Simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt, pepper and cumin powder. Remove from heat.
- On a serving platter, put the cooked tilapia and douse over the thick sauce while steaming hot. Serve with hot steamed rice or fresh bread. Enjoy!
Sweet and Sour Tilapia Fish
- 5 tilapia cichlid fish
- 1 can pineapple set aside juice; chunks
- 1 carrot; cut in strip1 bell pepper; cut in strips
- 4 cloves garlic; mined
- 1 onion; chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Ground black pepper
- Cooking oil
- Fry tilapia fish and place in a platter. Set aside
- Sauté garlic and onion.
- Add pineapple and carrot. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pineapple juice, sugar, soy sauce, water, flour, salt and water.
- Simmer until a saucy consistency is achieved. Add bell pepper. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour hot sauce (mixture) on top of the tilapia fish.
- Serve hot!
Ginataang Tilapia with Pechay
- 1 kilo tilapia cleaned and sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ⅛ cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger sliced into strips
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 to 2 bunches pechay trimmed
- 1 pc finger chili siling haba
- ground black pepper to taste optional
- Put tilapia in a pot and add salt. Add the garlic, onions and ginger. Then pour the vinegar.
- Turn on heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes and cover.
- After 5 minutes, add pechay put on top of the fish. Add finger chilies then pour the coconut milk.
- Cover and continue boiling until the sauce is reduce to half or until thick.
- Season with ground black pepper if desired. Serve hot.
Fried Tilapia Recipe
- 2 pieces medium tilapia cleaned and scales removed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Rub salt all over the fish including the insides.
- Heat oil in a wide frying pan
- When the oil is hot, put-in the tilapia. Cover the frying pan, but make sure to open it a little so that steam can come out. Fry each side in medium heat for about 6 to 10 minutes. Note: I usually wait until I don’t hear any sound. This means that the liquid is gone and the fish is crisp.
- Remove from the pan and arrange in a serving plate.
- Serve with your favorite condiments and side dish.
- Share and enjoy!
Chinese-Style Steamed Tilapia Recipe
- 2 500- gram whole tilapia scaled and gutted
- 1 white onion sliced
- 1 1-inch fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing wine chinese rice wine
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 bunch cilantro wansoy, divided
- 5 green onion sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- white pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 10 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Clean the fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Line a steamer with a double thickness of parchment paper or aluminum foil. Lay the onion slices, and a few slices of the garlic and ginger on the parchment or foil; put the fish on top of the aromatics. Stuff the cavity of the fish with the remainder of the garlic and ginger. Grab a few sprigs of the cilantro, roughly tear it, and stuff it into the cavity as well. Top the fish with the soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, and sesame oil.
- Steam the fish for about 30 minutes or until just cooked. You can test for doneness by inserting the tip of a small knife into the flesh. It should flake easily when cooked.
- Make the sauce: Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer; let bubble for about a minute. Remove from heat and set aside, but keep warm.
- When the fish is done, remove the fish from the steamer and transfer to a plate. Tent the fish with foil to keep it warm.
- Make the garlic oil: Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and fry until golden.
- Uncover the fish and pour the prepared sauce over it. Top generously with the remaining cilantro sprigs and spring onions. Take the pan of garlic oil and, while still sizzling, pour over the fish. Serve immediately.
Sarciadong Isda Recipe
- 2 lbs Tilapia cleaned
- 3 pieces medium-sized tomatoes diced
- 3 pieces medium-sized onions diced
- 1¾ cups water
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup green onions chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 3 pieces raw eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Heat oil in a frying pan then fry the fish. Ensure that salt has been rubbed over the fish before frying.
- Remove the fish from the frying pan and place in a a plate with paper towels. Set aside.
- Using a clean pan, heat about 2 teaspoons of cooking oil then sauté the garlic, onions, and tomatoes
- Add the fish sauce and ground black pepper then stir.
- Put-in the chopped green onions and water then bring to a boil.
- Add the fried fish and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour the beaten eggs on the pan. Ensure that it is distributed evenly.
- Once the eggs curdles or coagulates, you may start stirring the mixture.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes than transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
- 1 large tilapia
- 2 pcs medium tomatoes diced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger chopped
- 1 tsp calamansi juice
- banana leaf and aluminum foil for wrapping
- Prepare the stuffing by mixing the tomatoes, onion, calamansi juice, ginger, siling labuyo, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set it aside.
- Remove the innards, gills and scales of the fish. Wash it thoroughly and rub some salt on the skin.
- Slit the side of the fish and stuff the cavity with the mixture. Be careful not to overstuff the fish.
- Wrap the fish with the banana leaf first, then the aluminum foil. Fold both ends securely.
- Grill for about 10 to 12 minutes on each side over charcoal.
- Unwrap and serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Daing Na Tilapia
- 1/2 kilo tilapia
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Marinate tilapia in vinegar, salt, garlic, and pepper for one hour.
- Fry in cooking oil till cooked.