Different Cook Recipes for Shrimp
Spicy Firecracker Shrimp
- 12 frozen jumbo/large shrimp, defrosted
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- 1 tbsp of flour with a little water
- (make a paste of this to help seal the wrapping)
- 3 tbsp of Sriracha or Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Seasame Oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- zest & juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- – Start by preparing a marinade for the shrimp. In a shallow bowl or zip lock bag, add the sriracha/hot sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- – Then grate the fresh peeled garlic cloves, directly into the bowl.
- – Zest half a lime, cut it and squeeze it’s juice into the marinade.
- – Season the marinade with a sprinkling of salt an pepper. Stir all the ingredients well to mix them. Also add a tablespoon of sugar to balance out all the flavors.
- – Toss the shrimp in the bowl or bag and gently mix them around with a spoon to coat them well in the marinade. Cover and place the marinated shrimp in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- – After the shrimp has had some time to soak in all those flavors. Prepare the wrapping by placing an egg roll/spring roll wrapper on a cutting board diagonally so it looks like a diamond shape. Then cut it in half and repeat with the rest of the wrappers.
- – Place a shrimp on left side of the wrapper with the tail sticking out and fold over the left corner wrapping the shrimp as tightly as you can.
- – Then fold the top corner down, making sure to cover the top end of the shrimp.Roll the shrimp as tightly as possible and as straight as you can manage until there’s just a little corner left.
- – Using your finger apply a little of the flour paste (a little flour and water mix) to the corner of the wrapper and seal it.
- – Repeat the same wrapping method for the rest of the shrimp.
- – In a pan, add about an inch or so of oil to fry the shrimp.(You can use a deep fryer if you have one, but enough oil to cover at least 3/4 of the shrimp if not the whole shrimp is all you really need) Heat the oil through on medium-high. To test and see if the oil is hot enough for frying, pinch a tiny piece of wrapper and drop it in the oil…if it bubbles and comes to rises to the top quickly it’s hot enough.
- – Fry the shrimp in small batches depending on the size of your pan and cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side till golden brown. I’d suggest cooking one to time it and one you take it out, cut it in half to see if the shrimp is cooked through but not rubbery.
- – Serve hot with some sweet and spicy dipping sauce. …yummm!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More