Different Cook Recipes for Shrimp
Shrimp Fried Rice
Ingredients for Shrimp Fried Rice:
- 1 lb (26-30 count) uncooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp canola or other cooking oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
- 5 cups left-over, cold rice (rinse the raw rice before cooking)
- 1 and ½ cups (12 oz) frozen carrots and peas, defrosted & well-drained
- 2½ to 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ tsp sesame oil
- In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Let marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on high heat. When a bead of water sizzles and evaporates, swirl in 2 Tbsp of cooking oil and add shrimp to the hot skillet and spread them out in a single layer. Cook about 1 minute each side, or until cooked through and no longer opaque. Remove to a bowl.
- Over medium heat, add eggs to the same skillet. Break up the eggs with a spatula and cook until no longer runny. Remove to a bowl.
- Wipe down the skillet with a paper towel and return to high heat. Add 1 Tbsp oil and onions and cook green onion until fragrant.
- Add rice and mix well. Spread rice evenly over the pan and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stir and saute another 1 to 2 minutes. Rice should sizzle.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp soy sauce over rice and stir well.
- Add sesame oil and vegetables and mix well.
- Add cooked shrimp and cooked eggs to the pan and mix well. Continue to cook until the rice is hot and sizzles, stirring frequently. Add another Tbsp of soy sauce to taste, if desired.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More