Different Cook Recipes for Shrimp
Thai Red Curry With Shrimp And Mango Recipe
- 1 (14 fluid oz) can coconut milk (Do not shake!)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 large sweet potato, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 8 oz. raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, bruised
- 1 cup jasmine rice, prepared according to package directions
- Scoop the cream at the top of the can of coconut milk (about halfway down), and add it to a large fry pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in curry paste and turn heat down to low. Simmer, without stirring, until fragrant and coconut cream starts to release oil, about 3-5 minutes. Add the rest of coconut milk and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add sweet potato cubes. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Add shrimp and mango and cook until shrimp turns opaque in the center, about 3 minutes. Stir often.
- Season with fish sauce and sugar (taste curry and add more fish sauce if desired). Add Thai basil and kaffir lime leaves, and remove from heat.
- Allow to sit for at least an hour before serving, as the curry becomes thicker and more flavorful with time. Serve with jasmine rice.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More