Different Cook Recipes for Shrimp
Creamy Corn Chowder with Barbecue Shrimp
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup of diced potatoes (2 yukon gold potatoes worked)
- 4 cups of fresh corn cut off the cob (this took 7 medium cobs for me)
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cream or half and half
- 1/2 pound of raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- salt & pepper
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the bacon slices and cook until crispy and golden brown. Remove bacon and let drain on a paper towel.
- Add onions and peppers to the pot with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Whisk in the flour, cooking for 1-2 minutes or until flour becomes golden in color and smells a bit nutty.
- Add chicken stock, potatoes, and corn.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More