Crema de Fruta
For pie crust mixture:
12 pcs M.Y.San Grahams Honey
*dipped in fruit cocktail juice
For custard filling:
- 2 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ¼ cups condensed milk
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 2 egg yolks, beaten slightly.
- 2 cups fruit cocktail, drained * reserve some juice
- ½ bar clear gulaman
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup water
1. DO FILLING- Mix sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. In a bowl, combine condensed milk and water. Gradually add milk mixture to the cornstarch mixture. Cook on low heat until thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Turn off heat.
2. *ADD egg yolks to the thickened cornstarch-sugar mixture, beating vigorously to avoid cooking the eggs. Return pan to low heat and cook for 2 minutes more. Cool.
3. ASSEMBLE: Arrange 6 M.Y. San Grahams (dipped in the fruit cocktail syrup ) on the bottom of an 8 inch square pan. Spread half of the custard evenly on top of the crackers. Top with a fourth of the fruit cocktail. Repeat procedure.
4. BREAK gulaman bar in half of the cold water to soften. Boil the remaining water, add the softened gulaman mixture and the sugar. Boil until gulaman is completely dissolved. Pour gulaman on top of fruit cocktail. Chill and serve.