Graham Pineapple Cashew Tarts
- 3/4 cup M.Y. San Honey Graham crackers, Crushed
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple jam
TOPPING: Note: Container/bowl should be very dry specifically in whisking egg whites
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut flakes
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Press 2 teaspoons of the mixture into the bottom of each mini cupcake pan or tart mold. Set aside.
- Put 1 teaspoon chopped cashew nuts on top of each prepared tart crusts.
- Cover the nuts with 1 teaspoon pineapple jam.
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Whip egg white and sugar in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold in dessicated coconut.
- Top each tartlet with the meringue, making sure sides are covered.
- Bake tarts for 15 minutes or until meringue topping is golden brown in color. Remove from oven and cool. Remove tarts from molds. Serve.