Doughnuts with sweet yogurt Dip Recipe
- 2 cups self –raising flour; sifted
- ½ cup packaged ground almond
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ cup plain yogurt (for dough)
- ¼cup warm water
- Extra butter for deep- frying
- ½cup caster sugar(confectioner’s sugar)
- Combine sifted flour and almonds in large bowl. In melted butter.
- Stir in combined yogurt and water. Mix to a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Dived dough into desired number of portions. Roll portion s into balls, then flatten with fingers.
- Melt extra butter in medium saucepan.
- Deep-fry doughnuts a few at a time for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan, and drain on absorbent paper.
- Toss hot doughnuts in caster sugar, then serve with sweet yogurt.
- To make sweet yogurt dip; Combine 1 cup yogurt and sifted icing sugar in a small bowl . Mix well.
- Doughnuts are best made close to serving time.