Easly: Slow Baked Juiciest Liempo
September 12, 2015
- 1 kilo boneless, skin-on pork belly-fully cleaned, trimmed
- 10 grams salt (sea or table)
- 8 grams sugar (white or brown)
- 6 grams cracked black pepper
- 5 grams garlic powder
- optional 2 grams MSG
- 200 ml. pineapple juice
- 60 ml. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Blend well salt, sugar, optional MSG, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Slit belly 0.75 to 1 inch deep on flesh side and 1.5 to 2 inches apart. (These slits will let flavors in).
- Pour in pineapple juice. Massage meat to break its protein for easier flavor absorption.
- Summon blended powder ingredients and pour unto all parts: skin, inside slits, sides etc. Scatter thoroughly. Refrigerate (NOT FREEZE) for 30 minutes. While waiting pre-heat oven to 375deg.F (190deg.C).
- Line rectangular oven pan with foil. Without draining too much, lay marinated belly skin up and pop into oven. Sear for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes retrieve belly. Turn. Now it’s flesh side up. Cover with foil.
- Step down temp to 275deg.F (135deg.C). Wedge belly unto oven again.
- Slow cook for 1 hour 15 minutes or until internal temp registers 155deg.F (68deg.C). Done.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More