Easy Nacho Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup (60g) butter, unsalted
- ¼ cup all-purpose/plain flour
- 2 cups sharp-flavored Cheddar cheese, grated/shredded
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the milk into the saucepan. Heat over medium heat. When bubbles begin to form, remove from the heat.
- Add the butter to the another saucepan. Melt over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle flour into the melted butter. Stir to form a thickened paste.
- Pour the warm milk into the flour paste. Pour in gradually, whisking in the milk as you tip it. The sauce will thicken over 5 minutes, as you continue to stir.
- Add the cheese to the thickened mixture. Whisk through to help it melt in.
- Tip in the hot sauce and cayenne pepper. Stir through. Then season with salt and pepper to taste. Do a taste test; add more of any of these seasonings if needed.
- Serve. Pour the sauce over the pre-arranged nachos.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More