Want something sweet and cooling for a hot day, or a creamy dessert , but don’t have time to watch a hot stove for baking in a tray? Enter the icebox cake: using cream and a biscuit or cookie of your choice—and a whole lot of refrigeration time—and you will come out with an impressive dessert that is a dream to cut, tastes absolutely amazing and gives you all this with minimal effort! It’s definitely a good option if you want to bring something to a party but aren’t sure what will work, because icebox cakes are a sure crowdpleaser. And what could be better than an Oreo icebox cake? This contrast of softened, chocolatey Oreo cookies and chocolate sauce marry well with the silky creaminess of Cool Whip, delivering layers of cake-like goodness that will have heading back for a second serving.
Easy Oreo No Bake Icebox Cake Recipe
- 2 packages of Oreo cookies
- 2 tubs of Cool whip
- 10 crushed Oreo cookies
- Chocolate ice-cream sauce
- Dunk enough Oreos in some milk and line them at the bottom of a square pan
- Use half the container of Cool whip to frost over the layer of Oreos
- Repeat the layers until you run out of Oreos and Cool whip
- Sprinkle the whole cake with the crushed Oreo cookies and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Keep chilled in your fridge to set for one hour and then take out to serve.