- 3 cups medium tapioca pearls
- 1 sachet gelatin powder
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 cups water
- Cook the tapioca according to package instructions or refer to the Taho recipe. Set aside.
- Cook the gelatin according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Place the brown sugar in a cooking pot and caramelize using low heat.
- When the sugar starts to melt, put in water and vanilla extract. Let boil and stir until the sugar dissolves. Note: us the lowest heat possible so that the sugar will not burn.
- Turn off heat and let cool.
- In a glass, combine some tapioca pearls, sliced gelatin, 3 tablespoons of sugar mixture, and a cup of cold water. Stir.