Easy Tom Yum Soup Recipe
- 800 ml. chicken broth
- 3 stalks fresh lemongrass, sliced in 2-inch pieces
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 thumb sized ginger galangal or ginger, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, wedges
- 2 tbsp. tamarind paste
- 2 red chilis, sliced
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 can straw mushrooms, rinsed and halved
- 500g large shrimp, peeled with tails on
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 stalk spring onions, sliced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- Bring the stock to a boil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, tomatoes, tamarind paste and chilis. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then add the fish sauce, sugar, and mushrooms. Simmer for 5 minutes. Toss in the shrimp and cook until they turn pink. Remove from the heat and add the lime juice, spring onions, and cilantro.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Buy Cucumber Lemonade Now.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More