Easy Tom Yum Soup Recipe
- 800 ml. chicken broth
- 3 stalks fresh lemongrass sliced in 2-inch pieces
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 thumb sized ginger galangal or ginger sliced
- 3 to matoes wedges
- 2 tbsp. tamarind paste
- 2 red chilis sliced
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 can straw mushrooms rinsed and halved
- 500 g large shrimp peeled with tails on
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 stalk spring onions sliced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- Bring the stock to a boil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, tomatoes, tamarind paste and chilis. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then add the fish sauce, sugar, and mushrooms. Simmer for 5 minutes. Toss in the shrimp and cook until they turn pink. Remove from the heat and add the lime juice, spring onions, and cilantro.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve hot.