Classic Macaroni Salad
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 2½ tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup grated carrot (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers (optional)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the onion, celery, green pepper, carrot, pimentos and macaroni. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight
Recipe by Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ at https://www.panlasangpinoyrecipes.com/classic-macaroni-salad/