Creamy Maja Blanca con Mais Recipe
- 4 cups coconut milk
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup condensed milk (traditional Maja Blanca do not have condensed milk but this makes it so much creamier)
- ¾ cup fresh milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (you can adjust this one according to your taste)
- 15 oz whole sweet corn kernels
- toasted grated coconut for toppings
- Boil coconut milk in a saucepan.
- Add the condensed milk, sugar and the sweet corn kernels.
- Simmer under low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix fresh milk and cornstarch thoroughly making sure there are no lumps left.
- Pour the milk and cornstarch mixture into the saucepan and mix well.
- Stir consistently until thick.
- Transfer to a serving dish or ramekins to serve individually
- Garnish with toasted grated coconut if you want.
- Let it cool down then chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve cold and with a warm smile.
Recipe by Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ at https://www.panlasangpinoyrecipes.com/creamy-maja-blanca-con-mais-recipe/