Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup peeled and diced carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1-1/2 cups diced yellow onion
- 1 (10-ounce) package baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced (or mushrooms of your choice)
- 2 heaping teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a dutch oven or large saucepan heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add diced chicken, carrots, celery and onion. Cook until chicken is almost done, about 6-7 minutes (stirring frequently).
- Add mushrooms and garlic and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender (about 4-5 minutes).
- Slowly add flour while stirring to combine. Add chicken broth and thyme and stir well to combine. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Cover. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add cream and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and heat thoroughly before serving.
Recipe by Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ at https://www.panlasangpinoyrecipes.com/creamy-chicken-and-mushroom-soup-recipe/