Breaded Tahong Estofado Recipe
- 1-1/2 kg tahong (boiled (reserve ½ cup broth) and shells removed)
- 2 pc eggs (lightly beaten)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 grams (large) onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup margarine
- 1 red and green peppers (cut into strips)
- 1 pouch tomato sauce 250 g
- ¼ cup ketchup
- Marinate tahong in 1 tbsp calamansi juice, ½ tsp iodized rock salt and ¼ tsp black pepper for 30 minutes.
- Dip each piece in egg, and roll in bread crumbs. Deep-fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onions in margarine. Pour in tomato sauce, ketchup and tahong broth. Season with ½ tsp hot sauce, ½ tsp iodized fine salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tahong and bell peppers. Simmer until cooked.
Recipe by Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ at https://www.panlasangpinoyrecipes.com/breaded-tahong-estofado-recipe/