Pinakbet Or Pakbet (Meat Vegetable Stew With Shrimp) Recipe
- 1 lb pork sliced
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 2 pieces tomatoes chopped
- ½ piece squash cubed
- 2 cups okra sliced
- 2 cups long cut sitaw / long yard beans sliced
- 2 pieces eggplants sliced
- 1 piece ampalaya /bitter ground sliced
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsps bagoong alamang salted shrimp
- In a large, deep skillet (or casserole), heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook pork until it turns slightly brown. Stir in garlic, onions and tomatoes.
- Sauté for a few minutes until tomatoes wilted. Add squash and okra, stir-fry for a minute or two and then add the rest of the vegetables. Gently stir to combine.
- Pour in water and add the bagoong alamang, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer covered over low heat until vegetables are tender.
- Be sure not to overcook it. You may wish to correct the taste by adding a little bit of bagoong alamang.
- Gently stir to blend. Immediately remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot.
Recipe by Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ at https://www.panlasangpinoyrecipes.com/pinakbet-pakbet-meat-vegetable-stew-shrimp-recipe/