Chap Chae Recipe
- 500g sweet potato vermicelli noodles (dang myun)
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions (white and green parts), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dried shitake mushrooms, soaked in water, drained, and sliced
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the noodles until al dente. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain again, and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, spring onions, garlic, mushrooms, carrots, and zucchini, and stir fry until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, noodles, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar. Turn the heat down to low and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Turn off heat, toss in the sesame seeds, and season to taste with salt.
- Serve hot.
Recipe by Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ at https://www.panlasangpinoyrecipes.com/chap-chae-recipe/