How to Make Ube Pastillas
- 1 cup powdered milk
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 2 tbsp ube halaya
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- powdered sugar, for coating (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the powdered milk, ube halaya, sugar, and condensed milk. (Just add about half amount of the condensed milk. Adjust later on.) Mix well.
- If the mixture is too dry add more condensed milk. If it’s too wet add more powdered milk.
- Mix well until texture becomes ready for molding.
- Knead the mixture with your clean hands on a flat surface such as a chopping board. (Tip: Spread some powdered milk on the board so that the mixture will not stick to it.)
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar for coating. You can also use regular white sugar instead.
- Get half of the mixture then form it into a long, thin tube. Afterwards, slice it into small tubes. Repeat for the other half of the mixture.
- Wrap the pastillas individually in cellophane.
- Serve to your family or sell it for additional income. Enjoy your ube pastillas!
Recipe by Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ at https://www.panlasangpinoyrecipes.com/how-to-make-ube-pastillas/