How to Cook Sizzling Tofu ala Max’s
- 100g firm tofu, drained
- 1 tbsp red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pc small onion, chopped
- ¼ tbsp butter
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp liquid seasoning (Knorr)
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tbsp water
- cooking oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, liquid seasoning, onion powder, and water. Mix well until smooth. Set aside this sauce.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep pan or pot. Add the tofu. Deep-fry until golden brown. Remove from heat. Use a strainer to drain oil. Set aside.
- Heat about 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a pan. Add the onion. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add the green and red bell peppers, and the fried tofu. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add half amount of the prepared sauce. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Heat a sizzling plate on the stovetop. Melt butter onto it.
- Transfer the cooked tofu on the sizzling plate. Add the remaining sauce.
- Serve while hot and enjoy your sizzling tofu ala Max’s!
Recipe by Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ at https://www.panlasangpinoyrecipes.com/how-to-cook-sizzling-tofu-ala-maxs/